Enter the BIA Lottery
The lottery for the 2018/2019 school year opened on January 16, 2018 at 8am. The lottery was be open for one month and closed on February 16, 2018.
The lottery was held at BIA on Thursday, March 8, 2018, at 4:30 pm. The lottery was open to the public and was available to all via the internet in real-time.
Please note that we are conducting the lottery for the entire school and all priorities will be set in accordance with State law. As a matter of information, 60 spots in Kindergarten will be established and the first 60 students in the lottery are being offered enrollment in accordance with established timeline and criteria. With respect to Grades 1-8, the School will not immediately offer enrollment to new students; however, additional defined seats will be established as BIA’s temporary (current) location is reconfigured to serve maximum capacity. Reconfiguration will allow BIA to maximize available physical space in order to effectively serve as many students as possible. Parents of current students should rest assure that the School will be able to accommodate all of its current students in the 2018-19 school year. For new applicants, the rank order for admission has been established through the lottery (as outlined above ) and once the final reconfiguration and class size has been established for Grades 1-8, availability and instructions will be posted as well as parent notification to those affected on the wait-list. The same enrollment timeline and criteria will be in effect for any additional seats.
If you need assistance with creating an online login for admission please fill out this form and return it to the front desk. If you need admissions enrollment in Spanish, or any other admissions help, please call Anna at 770-538-1550.
Check Lottery Results
- The lottery was be held at BIA on Thursday, March 8, 2018, at 4:30 pm. The lottery was open to the public and was available to all via the internet in real-time.
- Upon conclusion and verification of the lottery of the lottery results, individuals were be notified of their admission or their order on the wait list.
- Parents who were present during the lottery could pick up their Registration Packet. Registration packets are also available here or can be picked up at the front desk.
- Lottery results and wait lists are posted on BIA website within a week of the lottery.
- Registration packets including required documents for students selected in the lottery are due within two weeks of confirming attendance. Packets may be sent via USPS or hand delivered to the school. Students for whom a full registration packet is not received by the deadline will forfeit their spot.
Registration Packet for Confirmed Students
- When an opening becomes available in a grade level, the first applicant on the wait list will be contacted via e-mail. The parent/guardian will be given 48 hours (2 days) to respond. If there is no response, the next applicant on the wait list will be contacted.
- Admission forms will continue to be made available on the BIA website for submission to the wait list. Names will be added to the wait list in the order they are received. The wait list is active until the next lottery is held.
- The registration packet will also be made available on the website. Individuals notified of their acceptance from the waitlist have two weeks from the date of notification to submit their completed packet and required documents or they will forfeit their spot. For any applicant who is accepted after July 20, the registration packet is due within 3 business days from the date of notification. The student must start within 2 business days thereafter.
- Lotteries for the current school year will close the day that the upcoming lottery opens. The lottery for this current school year (2017/2018) will close on January 15 to prepare for the 2018/2019 lottery to open on January 16.
BIA Intent to Continue Enrollment Form
Students currently enrolled at Brookhaven Innovation Academy must complete this Intent to Continue Enrollment form if they plan on returning to the school for the upcoming 2018/2019 school year. This form must be completed by February 16, 2018.
What is the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness?
When you see the Seal on a school website, you can be confident that your application will be included in the school lottery in a fair and transparent way. That is because Lotterease is an independent automated lottery system that the school uses to manage their lottery and waitlist. Since Lotterease is an independent system, the school staff do not have the ability to manipulate or adjust the lottery outcome. They must work within the requirements of the system.
In addition, all activity that takes place with your application is tracked in a history log that you can view at any time by logging into the parent portal. If the school you want your child to attend displays the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness, you can rest assured that you child will get their fair chance to attend the school.