Schedule a tour and visit us today!
2019-2020 School Year Enrollment Process
Any student who is not currently enrolled at BIA, INCLUDING SIBLINGS OF CURRENT STUDENTS, must be entered into the lottery during the application window that opens January 14 and runs through February 14. If you are applying for a sibling of a currently enrolled student, please be sure to indicate sibling preference on the application. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
Registration packets for NEW students do not need to be submitted until AFTER the lottery takes place, which will be on February 21. You will be notified if you are selected for an opening and will have 10 days to complete and deliver the registration materials to BIA. If the materials are not received within the 10 day period, you will forfeit your child’s spot, and it will be offered to the next applicant on the waitlist.
If you have any questions, please contact Anna Jacome, our Student Information Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enter the BIA Lottery
The application window for the 2019-2020 school year will open January 14, 2019 at 8 am. It will be open for one month and closed on February 14, 2019.
The lottery will be held at BIA on Thursday, February 21st 2019, at 4:30 pm. The lottery will be open to the public.
Please note that we are conducting the lottery for the entire school and all priorities will be set in accordance with State law. As a matter of information, 66 spots in Kindergarten will be established and the first 66 students in the lottery are being offered enrollment in accordance with established timeline and criteria. For new applicants, the rank order for admission has been established through the lottery and once the final reconfiguration and class size has been established for Grades 1-8, availability and instructions will be posted as well as parent notification to those affected on the wait-list. The same enrollment timeline and criteria will be in effect for any additional seats.
If you need assistance with creating an online login for admission please fill out this form and return it to the front desk. If you need admissions enrollment in Spanish, or any other admissions help, please call Anna at 770-538-1550.
Check Lottery Results
The lottery will be held at BIA on Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 4:30 pm. The lottery will be open to the public and available to all via the internet.
- Upon conclusion and verification of the lottery of the lottery results, individuals will be notified of their admission or their order on the wait list.
- Parents who are present during the lottery can pick up the registration packet. Registration packets are also available here or can be picked up at the front desk.
- Lottery results and wait lists will be posted on BIA website within a week after the lottery.
- Registration packets including required documents for students selected in the lottery are due within 10 business days of confirming attendance. The completed enrollment packet can be delivered in one of the following ways:
- Students for whom a full registration packet is not received by the deadline will forfeit their spot.
Brookhaven Innovation Academy
Attn: Student Information Specialist
3159 Campus Drive
Norcross, GA 30071
Brookhaven Innovation Academy
Registration Packet for Confirmed Students
- When an opening becomes available in a grade level, the first applicant on the wait list will be contacted via e-mail. The parent/guardian will be given 48 hours (2 days) to respond. If there is no response, the next applicant on the wait list will be contacted.
- Names will be added to the wait list in the order they are received. The wait list is active until the next lottery is held.
- The registration packet is available on the website. Individuals notified of their acceptance from the wait list have 10 business days from the date of notification to submit their completed packet and required documents, or they will forfeit their spot. For any applicant who is accepted after July 1, the registration packet is due within 3 business days from the date of notification.
- The lottery for this current school year 2018/2019 will close on January 1 to prepare for the 2019/2020 lottery to open on January 14, 2019.
BIA Intent to Continue Enrollment Form
Students currently enrolled at Brookhaven Innovation Academy must complete this Intent to Continue Enrollment form if they plan on returning to the school for the upcoming 2019/2020 school year. This form must be completed prior to December 21, 2018.
What is the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness?
When you see the Seal on a school website, you can be confident that your application will be included in the school lottery in a fair and transparent way. That is because Lotterease is an independent automated lottery system that the school uses to manage their lottery and wait list. Since Lotterease is an independent system, the school staff do not have the ability to manipulate or adjust the lottery outcome. They must work within the requirements of the system.
In addition, all activity that takes place with your application is tracked in a history log that you can view at any time by logging into the parent portal. If the school you want your child to attend displays the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness, you can rest assured that you child will get their fair chance to attend BIA.