Location & Transportation
How long will BIA be at the Norcross location and what is the address?
– BIA is temporarily located at 3159 Campus Drive, Norcross GA 30071. We are currently under contract with our new permanent location at 3031 Shallowford Rd. Chamblee, GA 30341 with a target opening date of Fall of 2019.
Where is the permanent location for BIA?
– 3031 Shallowford Rd. Chamblee, GA 30341
What transportation options will be available?
– Transportation will not be provided by BIA. Parent Driven transportation options found here: Parent Council
Car pool PikmyKid App FAQ
– Parent Training Documents-pikmykid (2)
– Carpool starts at 7:15am and ends at 7:45am instruction starts at 8:00am
School Day & Class Sizes
What time does school begin and end?
– School begins at 7:45 am and ends at 3:00 pm.
Is there be an after school program?
– Click here
How big are classes?
– All class sizes for Kindergarten through eighth grade will be twenty students with one teacher.
How many classes are there in each grade?
– There will be three classes in each grade.
Curriculum and Instruction
What is project based learning and how can I find out more about it?
– Project Based Learning is a teaching method in which students gain knowledge and skills by working for an extended period of time to investigate and respond to an engaging and complex question, problem, or challenge. The Buck Institute for Education website is a great resource to find out more. Check it out at www.bie.org
What is blended learning and how can I find out more about it?
– Blended learning is an instructional method that utilizes both online and in-person learning experiences. At times, the student works independently using the online curriculum, and at other times he or she works one-on-one or in a small group with their teacher. Blended learning allows for maximum personalization of the curriculum.
What curriculum is used for computer coding?
– We use a combination of Tynker and Scratch.
How does BIA serve students with Individual Education Plans?
– We have two certificated special education teachers who are responsible for ensuring that Individual Education Plans are implemented with fidelity.
How does BIA serve English Language Learners?
– We have a certificated ESOL teacher who develops plans for instruction of our English Language Learners.
What types of assessments does BIA give to its students?
– BIA uses the Georgia Milestones assessment that is given by all public schools in the state. We also use the NWEA Measures of Academic Progress assessment to measure our students’ growth in math and English Language Arts. For more information about this assessment please check out their website at https://www.nwea.org/assessments/map/
Are young students be expected to complete daily homework?
– There will not be homework for students in Kindergarten through third grade unless specifically agreed to by parent, student and the teacher.