Brookhaven Innovation Academy Board Secretary
Governance Committee Chair, Grievance Committee Chair
Partner, Dentons, LLP
Edward Lindsey is a partner in Dentons’ Public Policy and Regulation practice and a member of the Firm’s Georgia State Government Affairs team. His focus is on advancing the public policy interests and objectives of clients in the transportation, infrastructure, health care and education sectors.
Edward has more than 32 years of legal, political and leadership experience, including 10 years as a Georgia state representative and 3 terms as the House majority whip. He also served on the House Appropriations, Judiciary, Education, Ways and Means, and Rules Committees. In addition, he served as a member of the Uniform Law Commission and the Georgia Commission on Family Violence. James Magazine, a statewide political journal, recognized him as one of Georgia’s most influential legislators.
Immediately prior to joining Dentons in 2016, Edward was a partner and head of the litigation practice at Goodman McGuffey Lindsey & Johnson LLP, an Atlanta-based firm he cofounded in 1990.
Honors and Awards
- Georgia Trend Magazine, 2015: Recognized as one of the state’s “Legal Elite.”
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce 2013: Named “Legislator of the Year.”
- National Federation of Independent Businesses 2013: Named “Small Business Legislative Champion.”
- Atlanta Bar Association 2009: Winner of a “Distinguished Service Award.”
- Atlanta Magazine 2005 – present: Recognized as a Georgia “Super Lawyer.”
- Martindale- Hubbell: AV Rated